Tuesday 22 April 2014

Me-Made-May '14 and first ever blog post!!

So... after spending the last year or so stalking some amazing, inspiring sewing blogs (Lladybird, Sewaholic, Colette and Ginger Sews and more recently Bella Megan just to mention a few) I've decided to bite the proverbial bullet and create my own!

While stalking my favorite sewing blogs I've noticed there is much excitement around the Me-Made May 2014 challenge. I was a spectator last year for the MMM-13 challenge partly due to the fact my wardrobe was seriously lacking in me-mades and partly due to a lack of confidence to show off these me-mades to the rest of the sewing world. (Its one thing to show off a hand-made garment to someone who has never sewn before and its a completely different thing to show it off to a seasoned sewer! Eeek, is my hem straight?! Are they critiquing my dodgy zipper inserting skills?! Does that shortcut I took so I could wear the dress to work today show?! I think you all know what I mean...)
Well, my sewing abilities and confidence have grown tremendously in the last year and so has my wardrobe (just ask my flatmate!) so I feel as if I can actually attempt MMM'14 this year.

So... after much procrastination and a good deal of trepidation here it goes...

'I, Miranda of She's Sew Classic-Chic, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear at least one or more Me-Made garments each day for the duration of May 2014'

Phew!! Done!! I feel better already :) Oh and I guess this makes up my first blog post on my brand new blog!! I'm hoping this little blog will inspire people who have never sewn but want to learn, those who have been sooo frustrated at never being able to find the perfect dress at the perfect length to get out of their comfort zone, pick up a pattern and some awesome fabric and give it a shot... you never know what you are capable of until you try.
Just a little word of encouragement, it feels amazing to wear something you've made and be able to say 'Oh, this? I made it!'

Now that I've signed up to MMM-14 I had better get started sewing up some much needed essentials to get me through May. Look out long weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment