Monday 22 September 2014

Completed: One Mans Trash is Another (Wo)mans Treasure

Just a super quick post today on one of the three weekend projects I managed to complete this last weekend!! Yay for a super big dose of inspirational motivation and a rostered day off from work on Monday... impossible to have Mondayitis when you can start your week with a coffee and a sewing machine.

Anyway, this t'shirt started its life in our house as The Boy's shirt but I can't think of a single time he's worn it out as, in his words, he would look like a French Mime, lol :-)
I, on the other hand, loved the shirt and purchased it in the hope he'd come around and eventually wear it... but this Boy is stubborn so it became my painting shirt. It managed to survive a number of painting projects relatively unscathed until I came up with the idea it would make a perfect wearable muslin for the Sewaholic Renfrew tee and give me some stripe matching practice!

French Mime:
What The Boy thinks he would look like if he wore the shirt

I *cheated* and used the existing hems from the sleeves and shirt bottom so other than stripe matching it came together really fast! I used some navy stretch fabric from my stash for the neckband although I think I should have cut it a couple cms shorter as it tends to flop forward a bit despite the topstitching. I've made no other alterations or adjustments other than leave off the sleeve and bottom bands as I preferred to be lazy use the existing shirt hems.



After: Sewaholic Renfrew

Before: Men's striped t'shirt
























As you can see my selfie taking skills leave much to be desired! But hey, you get the general idea and I figured a post with dodgy photos is better than no post at all :-)

Overall I'm yet again impressed with these Sewaholic Patterns, the simple easy to understand instructions and beautiful, well fitting design make this a great wardrobe basic. I'm already planning another couple of these tees for my summer wardrobe!



Pattern: Sewaholic Renfrew
Size 8, no alterations or adjustments

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing transformation - the Renfrew looks fabulous on you. Talking summer clothes at this time of year, I am guessing you are somewhere on the Southern Hemisphere, but where exactly are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, Ozviking!! And thanks for stopping by to check out my blog :-) I live in Perth, Western Australia so a long, hot summer is definitely on its way!

      Delete
  2. How amazing - I also live in Perth where we have the best climate possible - except perhaps the very hot temperatures we usually get in summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!! I didnt realise you lived in Perth too! I agree, we do have a great climate especially days like today! Although the hot weather in summer tends to get to me after a while and I start to look forward to coat season again :-)

      Delete