Tuesday 20 May 2014

Me-Made-May'14 Week 2 & 3

Had a pretty good run of me-mades this week. Winter is definitely on its way over here in Perth, WA and I'm struggling to make cooler weather clothes to keep up!! I'm finding most of my summer clothes can still be used by adding a jacket and some tights. My new Bellatrix Blazer has been getting some serious wear time lately. I really don't know what I wore before I made it!!
Monday 5th May


Jumper: Briar by Megan Nielsen
Shirt & Pants: RTW
                                                                        















Tuesday 6th May

Shirt: La Sylphide by Papercut Patterns
Skirt: Charlotte Skirt by By Hand London
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wednesday 7th May 
Dress: Laurel Dress by Colette Patterns 

Thursday 8th May

Dress: The Macaroon by Colette Patterns 
This has to be hands down my favourite me-made to date. It was originally made to wear at my engagement party last October so it has special memories. I used the most beautiful deep blue Italian wool blend bought back from my Canada trip a couple years ago. Every time I wear it I feel elegant and put-together and I'm reminded of all the happy memories associated to the dress.











Friday 9th May
Dress: another Laurel by Colette Patterns
Probably the most comfortable dress in my whole wardrobe to wear!! Its made of ponte de roma so its thick, stretchy and warm perfect for those cold winter days.















The rest of the week 2 and most of week 3 I wore me-mades I've already worn so far which I wont blog as it would just be repeating outfits. Its a cop-out, I know :-)
I'm finding so far I'm really struggling with casual clothes for the weekend and on days off. I'm one of those crazy people who feel most comfortable in dressy clothes (yup that's me, usually the most overdressed person in the room) so I really struggle to find casual clothes I don't feel like a slob in. Keep a look out for a blog post on this topic coming soon!!
Question for the day: Do you have any pieces of me-made or ready-to-wear clothing that have some special memories associated with them that come flooding back every time you wear it??




No comments:

Post a Comment