Thursday 22 May 2014

On My Sewing Table

After my recent fabric buying binge session I figured it would probably be a good idea to document what I wanted to do with the fabric rather than throw it straight into my fabric boxes. This post is probably more for my benefit than anything else, although I think its pretty cool to see what others have in the sewing pipeline.

On my sewing table:
  • A two piece dress out of this fabric using either the Named Vanamo pattern or the Elisalex bodice and Charlotte Skirt. I'm leaning toward the By Hand London patterns as I already have them and I know how they fit etc. Also printing out a PDF pattern, taping it together, tracing it out, making a toile and adjusting the fit is not really something I enjoy doing. *instant gratification*.



  • Bellatrix Blazer for the dear sis in this beautiful eggshell blue cotton duck with a statement lining








  • Another Bellatrix Blazer in this statement navy blue/white cotton duck











  • Yet another(!) Bellatrix Blazer out of this eggshell blue Country Road cotton/linen with this gorgeous matching animal print lining. I'm certainly getting my $$ worth out of this pattern!!






  • Jamie Jeans out of some slightly stretchy navy cotton sateen... gulp this should be interesting

  • If the above pattern works well, a pair of printed denim skinny jeans

  • As many Ensis Tee's as I can fit out of this gorgeous blue/white stripped knit










  • A Floralex Dress (Flora Dress skirt and Elisalex bodice) out of this stunning olive green/grey lace. Not sure what colour lining to use








  • Watson Jacket from this grey wool blend from my stash. Not sure to go for a statement lining or keep things neutral... hmmm on second thoughts maybe a red??







  • La Sylphide Dress using this fabric (also from my stash! Yay for stashbusting!!)










  • A Colette Macaroon for the dear sis out of this fabric


No comments:

Post a Comment